Blog Archive

Sunday, September 27, 2020

The Cult of Trump--Part II

 I wrote a post in April about a book I was dipping into, called The Cult of Trump by Steven Hassan. I didn't finish it then but I plan to in the near future.

I think it is one of the best books out there explaining the Trump phenomenon. Another book that might be a rival would be How Democracies Die by Steven Levitsky and Daniel Ziblatt.

Both books give great insight into Trump. What Winston Churchill once said about Russia (a paraphrase) can be said of the mystery of Trump: it is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.

Thankfully there are some people who like riddles, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.

                                                                        ***

No comments:

Post a Comment