Blog Archive

Sunday, April 5, 2020

The Cult of Trump

I am reading a delightful book called The Cult of Trump by Steven Hassan. It resonates with me. I know something about cults and cultlike behavior from my own experience and seeing how Trump interacts with his "fan base"I think of religious cult figures and how they interact with their congregations.

I've read only about 20 pages but I can see the man knows what he is writing about. He said he was involved with the Moonies when he was in college and was quite high up in the organization for his age. Being in the group taught him a lot about cults and cultlike figures.

When Donald Trump crashes, his many followers will make a great outcry and it will have some apocalyptic overtones. It sounds crazy to say that, but the whole Trump phenomenon has been beyond crazy.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment