Blog Archive

Saturday, February 3, 2018

Slightly Bemused

I didn't watch any of the recent State of the Union address. I rarely have watched any of them. I find--as I think many others do--that the main objective of presentations of that sort is to persuade through dubious means. I don't think it's always been that way, but since much of the presidency seems scripted since the time of Richard Nixon, it is hard to put the genie back in the political bottle.

Though, from the highlights of the address, it seemed the president talked in nebulous generalities and anything specific was verboten. It will be interesting to see where this presidency goes.

And I stand by my earlier prediction--that the president will be impeached before the bell tolls on four years. The longer Robert Mueller takes, the more it will be a slam dunk.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment