Blog Archive

Sunday, November 4, 2018

Tough Times with Trump and Friends

Lately in my job as a therapist working with Medicaid patients, I have seen more and more adults and families who are struggling to provide financially for their families. I had never given much thought to how a family, say of a single mother and three children, would survive on minimum wage. It's virtually impossible. A person working full-time making minimum wage would make about $15,000 per year.

That's why it surprised me when Larry Kudlow, President Trump's top economic adviser, said we shouldn't have a minimum wage. To me that is shocking. So, in effect, he is saying a employer can pay three or four dollars per hour and the worker--and society--should be satisfied with that.

It would be interesting to see how many economists would side with him. Not many, I think. Hell, I think even the late Milton Friedman would burst out laughing at Kudlow.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment