Blog Archive

Monday, November 13, 2017

Mass Shootings and Mental Illness

I have continued to read on the topic of my last post. That is, the comment the president recently made about the mass shooting in Texas: "Mental health is your problem here. This was a very, based on preliminary reports, a very deranged individual, a lot of problems over a long period of time. We have a lot of mental health problems in our country, as do other countries. But this isn't a guns situation."

I have mulled that comment over in my head for a while and I'm still not able to refute it. Yet, I do feel confident in saying that any country that has about one firearm per citizen is a scary place to be. In other words, if China had one firearm for each person (they have around 1.4 billion people), I wouldn't be excited about visiting that country. If I did decide to visit it, I would make sure to bring along one thing--a truckload of Kevlar.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment