Blog Archive

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Workplaces & Families--Both are Systems

Right now I'm leaving one job and going to another. What it has brought to mind--okay, maybe I'm not the first--is that there are some crazy workplaces out there.

I've always been fascinated with this subject. And I'm surprised more people don't talk about it; they seem highly disenchanted with their job environments, but rarely wonder why that is. I've always wondered why that is, why some work settings are highly toxic (in an interpersonal sense) and why some seem almost healing.

I'll write about that in a few upcoming posts. By the way, a major study was recently released looking at many aspects of people's work. Just what I saw of it, though, didn't have many surprises. Yet, I will look closer and see if there are any surprising findings.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment