Blog Archive

Sunday, November 29, 2020

About Depression

I have been reading much more material as of late on depression. It's a topic that I find fascinating, in part, because I have experienced it and because it's so common and mental health professionals say it is highly treatable. I do believe there is more evidence-based techniques than ever, yet there is so much information out there that is not evidence-based, people who are depressed see a smorgasbord of options and tend to see them all as equal.

But it's not so. One belief is that psychotropic medication is one of the best ways to alleviate depression, yet, it isn't. It does help mitigate depression but its success rate is not that great. 

I'll ramble on this topic more in the future.

                                                                         ***

No comments:

Post a Comment