Blog Archive

Sunday, July 5, 2020

About a Book Review

I was just reading a book review on James Carroll's Constantine's Sword: The Church and the Jews. The book review itself was well written and the book reviewed appears to be an excellent book.

What made me think of the book was what I heard in church today. The priest said, if I understood him correctly, that Islam is called a religion of "peace," but in reality they are all about war. And that the reason there are so many adherents of Islam is because the children are brought up in the religion, so naturally they will gravitate to that faith.

The ironic thing, I thought, is the exact thing could be said of Christianity, if not more so. Didn't Christianity essentially say "convert to our faith or die," during the entire Crusades, and at other various places in its history?

I think Dr. Carroll's book is a good remedy for tendentious history.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment