Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

The Minimum Wage

I've been reading a lot lately about the pros and cons of raising the minimum wage. For me, I have always been a big proponent of raising it. I believe a bulk of the business people who say "raising the minimum wage would destroy many jobs and have us paying $15 for a hamburger," are being disingenuous.

Many business managers and owners know that raising the min. wage a few dollars an hour would do no damage to the business but it would take away a bit of the owners' profits.

So it was heartening to see The New York Times have a recent editorial backing the doubling of the federal minimum wage. I think more and more people are seeing through the hackneyed platitudes of uber-capitalists because polls seem to indicate that most of the public are for raising the min. wage.

This is all to the good.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment