Blog Archive

Thursday, December 27, 2018

Humor in Psychology

I just started reading a great book called, Oral Sadism and the Vegetarian Personality, by Glenn C. Ellenbogen, Ph.D. I had read some of the book in the past and hoped at some time in the future I could read further.

The book has nearly 60 essays, all humorous. It's a delightful take on psychology. I hope to do some writing in this vein, because I think it will help me weather the current political climate (and maybe help others, too).

I've read only a few essays so far, but the first essay, "The Etiology and Treatment of Childhood," by Jordan W. Smoller, is excellent. Indeed, it seems like an article one might read in a peer-reviewed journal, just with a lot of funny stuff.

I don't know if laughter is the best medicine, but it surely helps.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment