Blog Archive

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Talking With a Really, Really Huuuuugeeeeee Forked Tongue

It seems the president is in the news again. Yes I know, President Trump is always in the news, but he appears to be taking up a lot more bandwidth than ever before.

Of course I'm speaking of his ever-growing, ever-mounting situation that is the Trump-campaign/Russia connection. President Trump's recent firing of the head of the F.B.I., James B. Comey, has raised a few eyebrows, more Democratic eyebrows than Republican, but I sense more Republican leaders will come on the bandwagon.

I must say, this appears to be turning into curious amalgam of the Keystone Kops, the Ziegfeld Follies, and Who's on First. I'm sure if it was happening to the Democrats I wouldn't be laughing so hard, but it's hard not to laugh either way.

Poor President Trump reminds me of the title character from The Office, Michael Scott. In a number of episodes Mr. Scott is caught in the middle of  a Catch-22 situation. He tries to wriggle out of these situations by putting on a persona, reaching for creative interpretations of what happened, and pleading all-around misunderstanding by everyone, except himself. Yet these flailing actions usually appease no one.

It seems like the President is starring in a new show (on pretty much most cable channels) called The West Wing Office. He is doing an admirable job fending off the questions and accusations of many. And obviously I don't know if the president is telling the truth or lying, but it sure looks like the latter.

It's beginning to look a lot like 1973, and someone not being a crook.

***


No comments:

Post a Comment