Blog Archive

Monday, March 27, 2017

Getting More and More Confused (And Slightly Bemused)

The recent happenings with our president has me baffled (more baffled than I usually am). He ran his campaign as a populist but, as the columnist Dana Milbank has said, he is now governing as a plutocrat. What are we to make of this?

Well, it's beginning to look like he hoodwinked a lot of people. He said he was going to help those that government has left behind and that he was going to do a lot of good things, really, really fast. But it seems the main thing he is doing fast it trying to repeal the Affordable Care Act (ACA), and, more specifically, he seems hell-bent not so much on that as on looking for ways to benefit some of his already very-well-off constituents.

I'm wondering when there will be a backlash against his actions? That is, from the voters he promised to help.

My sense is that it will happen way down the road and happen in unexpected ways. And it will lead to impeachment. I'm not Nostradamus, nor do I play him on TV, but the situation reminds me of how other mighty ones have been taken down. Particularly how certain dictators were driven out of their countries. They come in as saviors and leave as pissed-off Judas Iscariots.

No comments:

Post a Comment